Instant Phone Specs!

Enter the phone name to find out instant specification from GSM Arena!

Why the marriage between cheap smartphones and ICS just ain't working!

Thursday, August 9, 2012 ·


According to Miriam Webster  dictionary “upgrade” is defined as “to improve or replace especially software or a device for increased usefulness

But in the case of HTC One V and ICS, I have no clue what the hell is going on!..
I’m wondering if some Thai dude with a sense of humor wanted to play a practical joke in the android market and released a Hotplate with a processor [I present to you proudly my phone, HTC One V]
I would have been much happier with an Ice Cream sandwich in my hand and a Nokia 1100 in the other rather than an HTC with ICS inside!
Today’s market is so fierce and volatile [look at Nokia going down!] the only way to stay afloat is by satisfying the customer needs, or whatever the mirage they are experiencing. However when that is not possible, they can always sell u a soap-box with a screen on it and a half-baked OS and yea! People would still buy it. That’s what happened to me. Pleased that I held in my hands, the phone that would push me to a certain stature, only to realize it pushed me to suicide!


It was all fine till there were no third party apps installed on it...
I started with my favorite game fruit ninja... it ran super smooth and that really impressed me. It pushed me to a delusion that my phone was better than Apple [One doesn’t simply compare a phone to Apple!]. That was the level of my confidence during the first week from the day I bought it.

Now starts the “Lament of the creamed phone”… 

2nd week

I kept on installing more and more apps like some 30 more than the inbuilt apps.. Confident that it would take that much, considering that dual core phones support more than hundred 3rd party apps and still run smooth..
When I reached that mark my phone literally started choking, nothing worked. I could hear it writhing as it muffled “kill me, please!”, Even the message notification popped up only after some half an hour (I’m not exaggerating). Similarly the contacts which is a built in app in HTC stopped showing my own contacts when someone called me as a caller ID. During that time I had no clue which bugger was calling me until I lifted the phone.

And then it struck me ‘what is the basic use of a phone?’
To make calls in the first place and then comes messaging which is really necessary.
Being a smart phone if my phone cannot tell me when I got a message or who’s calling then obviously it aint a smartphone no more… that word has lost all its meaning right there. I would say Nokia’s 1100 is doing a much better job that this piece of crap [I only wish it has an AMOLED screen!]

Priced at 18k rupees when I bought it ,it was pretty decent phones at my price range. And my phone couldn’t fulfill the minimum requirements for being a phone.
Pissed  off that I now became Jack who bought the beans from a hag [in this case HTC] only to find the beans never sprouted [in my case, sadly] I started removing all the 3rd party apps except for temple run (another favorite app of mine) and still found some 15 boring and irritating apps which you’ll never use in your life time, and I couldn't remove them (the worst part!). The preloaded apps were like little douche bags weighing my phone down and slowly killing its soul.  Hmm, some would say the phone got Ice Creamed! But heck! Why is this happening to the flag ship series [the One series]?!

So as usual I got fed up with the ICS and started disabling the apps due to which it got even slower. (You can’t even imagine how slow it is).
Now that you know that it has got flaws right in the basic features,It got me thinking, is this because of the RAM I got for this phone?.. and found out it was one of the best explanations.
HTC claims the One V comes with a 512 MB RAM. I believed it…but nobody told me the accessible RAM was only 365. Whichever doomed hell the ICS sent the rest of the 147 MB to!.. And to add fire to the already burning spit, I was enraged to find the Samsung Ace came with a 420MB RAM, precious memory that could have saved my phone from such a disastrous state.  If you are reading this and you work in HTC, I would suggest you to please go sodomize yourself with a retractable baton. Cheap advertising tactics to attract market sentiments has costed your company my wrath!

Recently when I thought I could compete with Ace Plus, we started the temple run app on both the devices with all the background apps closed. It took me 30 seconds extra for my phone to show up that play page of the game when compared to Ace Plus which took only 30 seconds to start-up (which is far better).

Why did I buy this phone? God why me?
Okay now something good to make myself feel good.
From WWII till Vietnam War, the US Army had, among its plethora of personnel weaponry a very basic kit item, The M1 Helmet. Made from a single piece of steel it offered more of a morale support rather than the actual purpose of deflecting any bullets. Although the same construction enabled it to be used as cooking pot sometimes. I could say my views on the HTC One V is very similar to this. It does everything except what it was actually meant to. 

The camera –awesome it is, but if you due to some reason forget to close the app it will drain your battery in just one hour max, and because One V comes with a aluminum body (which is a good thing) it heats up to a level where you can literally have a bull’s-eye on it and that is sad. And also thanks to its so sought after aluminum body, my phone has got a knick name “pressure cooker”. Hats off to all HTC engineers out there, in which ever commie sweatshops you are assembling this piece of elegant crap!

Some of the inbuilt apps crashes which request for a feedback, I even tried that and still don’t know what they are doing with that.
And then I asked my friends with Sony Ericson and Xperia phones who recently got upgraded from ginger bread to ICS ,they complained that even the contact list is scrolling with a lag and they could readily tell the difference.
So I ask whether there is a necessity to give an ICS update for 1 GHz and 512mb RAM (actually 365 in my case). I would say no please do an upgrade only if it is necessary and if the device can hold it. [I would prefer you revisit the first line of this post again!]

And if you are still going to buy HTC One V after reading this, why don’t you kiss my ass!

Lets just hope the jellybean update for phones preloaded with ICS don't take much time...

|<\/|3

No comments:

Post a Comment

Find us on Facebook

Mad-Hatters!

A subsidiary of Technomaniacz, Mad Hatters Dev present to you! 2 revolutionary Go Launcher Themes to spruce up your Android phones!

Simplistik!

Simplistik
And a free version Theme for promortion...

YbranZ!

YbranZ
click here for screenshots![free version]

Subscribe Me!

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

Latest Downloads

New Launches!

New Launches!
Smartphone and Tablet launches
 

Back To Top!